Friday, May 26, 2017
49 Surah Al Hujurat
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful
1. 'O believers! Exceed not over Allah and his Messenger and fear Allah. Undoubtedly Allah Hears, Knows
2. 'O believers! Raise not your voices above the voice of the Communicator of unseen (the Prophet) and speak not aloud in presence of him as you shout to one another, lest your works become vain while you are unaware.
3. Undoubtedly, those who lower down their voices in the presence of the messenger of Allah those are they whose hearts Allah has tested for piety. For them is forgiveness and great reward.
4. Undoubtedly, those who call you from behind your private apartments, most of them are stupid.
5. And if they had patience, until you yourself come out to them that had been better for them. And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
6. 'O believers! If any disobedient comes to you with any news make a strict inquiry lest you may hurt any people improperly then remain repenting on what you have done.
7. And know that the Messenger of Allah is among you. If he were to do according to your liking in much of the affairs, you would then surely be in trouble, but Allah has endeared the faith to you and has adorned it in your hearts and He has made infidelity, and iniquity and disobedience hateful to you such persons are on the right course.
8. A grace and favour of Allah. And Allah is Knowing, Wise.
9. And if two groups of the Muslims fight each other, then make peace between them, but if one of them commits
excessiveness against the other, then fight the one that has committed excessiveness till it reverts to the command of Allah. Then if it reverts rectify between them with justice and do justice. Verily Allah loves the equitable.
10. Muslims are brothers, therefore make peace between the two brothers and fear Allah that the mercy may be shown to you.
11. 'O believers! Let not the men scoff at the men, perchance they may be better than those who scoff, and nor the women at other women, perchance that they may be better than those women who scoff, and do not taunt one another and nor call one another by nick-names. What a bad name is, to be called a disobedient after being a Muslim, and those who repent not, they are the unjust.
12. 'O believers! Avoid most suspicions, verily some suspicion is a sin and do not look out for faults and do not backbite one another. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would abominate it. And fear Allah, Verily Allah is Oft Returning, Merciful.
13. 'O people! We created you from one man and one woman and made you branches and tribes that you may recognize one another. Undoubtedly, the most respected among you in the sight of Allah is he who is more pious, verily, Allah is knowing, Aware.
14. The villagers said 'we have believed'. Say, you, 'you believed not, yes, you rather say, we have surrendered', for the belief has not yet entered in your hearts. But if you shall obey Allah ends His Messenger, He will not make you to lose anything of your works. Surely, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
15. The believers are only those who have believed in Allah and His Messenger and then, have never doubted and have struggled with their possession and their persons in the way of Allah. It is they who are truthful.
16. Say you, 'do you tell Allah your religion? And Allah knows whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth. And Allah knows everything.
17. 'O beloved (prophet)! They take it as a favour to you that they have become Muslims. Say you, 'do not place the favour of your Islam on me; but rather Allah confers a favour upon you in that He has guided you to Islam, if you are truthful.
18. Undoubtedly, Allah knows the unseen of the heaven and of the earth, and Allah is seeing your works.