Friday, May 26, 2017
22 Surah Al Hajj
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful
1. 'O people! Fear your Lord, undoubtedly, the tremour of the Hour is a thing very hard.
2. The Day when you would see it, every suckling woman shall forget her infant whom she suckled, and every
pregnant shall cast away her burden, and you will see men as they are drunk and they will not be drunk, but
the torment of Allah is severe.
3. And there are some who dispute about Allah without knowledge, and follow every rebellious devil.
4. For whom it has been written that who will befriend him, then he will necessarily misguide him and will guide
him towards the torment of Hell.
5. 'O people! If you have any doubt about the Resurrection, then consider that We created you from dust, then.
From a drop of water (Sperm), then from the clot of blood, then from a piece of flesh fashioned and
unfashioned, so that We may manifest to you Our Signs. And We cause whom We will to remain in the womb
of mothers until an appointed time, then We bring you out as infant, then in order that you may reach your
maturity, and of you is one who dies early and is one who is put to a worthless age so that after knowing
knows nothing. And you see the earth withered up then when We sent down water upon it, it was freshened
and swelled up and grew every beauteous pair.
6. This is so because Allah is the Truth and that it is He Who will give life to the dead and that He can do all
7. And because the Hour is to come, there is no doubt in it and because Allah will raise those who are in the
8. And of mankind is he who disputes about Allah with out having any knowledge and without any guidance and
without any enlightening Book.
9. Turning his neck from truth so that he may mislead others from the path of Allah. For him there is humiliation
in the world and on the Day of Judgement, We shall make him taste the torment of burning.
10. This is because of what your hands sent forth and Allah oppresses not His bondmen.
11. And some men worship Allah on an edge, then if any good reaches him, then he is content therewith and if
trial befalls, turn round on his face; there is loss of the world and the Hereafter both. This is a manifest loss.
12. They worship beside Allah such that which can neither do neither bad nor good to them. This is indeed straying
13. They worship such that whose harm is more expected than his benefit. No doubt, what an evil patron and no
doubt what an evil comrade.
14. Undoubtedly, Allah will cause those who believed and did good deeds to enter Gardens beneath which rivers
flow. No doubt, Allah does what He will.
15. Whosoever imagines that Allah will not help His prophet in the world and the Hereafter, let him stretch a rope
upward and let him hang himself, then let him see whether his device took away that for which his heart is
16. And thus We have sent down this Quran as manifest signs and that Allah guides whom He will.
17. Undoubtedly, Muslims and Jews and the Sabians and the Christians and the Magians and the polytheists, verily
Allah will judge between them on the Day of judgement. Undoubtedly, every thing is before Allah.
18. Have you not seen that to Allah, prostrates whosoever is in the heavens and in the earth, and the sun, and the
moon, and the stars, and the mountains, and the trees, and the beasts, and many of man kind? And many are
those upon whom the torment is already justified. And whomsoever Allah disgraces, none is there to give him
honour. Undoubtedly, Allah does what He pleases. [^] (SAJDA) 6.
19. There are two parties who disputed concerning their Lord. As for those who disbelieved, the garments of fire
were cut out for them, and boiling water will be poured down on their heads.
20. Whereby that which is in their bellies will be melted and their skins too.
21. And for them are the maces of iron.
22. When they will wish to get out of it due to anguish, again they will be turned back into it and it will be
commanded to them, taste the torment of the fire.
23. No doubt, Allah will cause those who believed and did good deeds to enter Gardens beneath which streams
flow, they will be made to wear bracelets of gold and pearls. And their apparel there is of silk.
24. And they were guided to pure speech and were guided to the path of the All Praiseworthy.
25. Undoubtedly, those who disbelieve and hinder from the way of Allah and from the Sacred Mosque which We
have appointed equal for all, both for dwellers therein and visitors. And whoso seeks any excessiveness in it
unjustly, We shall cause them to taste painful torment.
26. And when We informed Abraham the right place of the House, ordained, associate anything with Me, and keep
My House clean for persons making round of it and those who bow and prostrate.
27. And proclaim among people the pilgrimage. They will come to you on foot and on every lean camel coming
from every distant track.'
28. 'That they may pet their own benefits of it and may mention the name of Allah during the known days over the
mute quadrupeds that He has provided for them. So eat yourself there-of and feed the distressed needy.
29. Then let them cleanse their dirt, fulfil their vows, and make round of the free House.
30. The thing is this, and whoso respects the sacred things of Allah, then it is good for him with his Lord; And the
mute quadrupeds are made lawful to you save those whose prohibition are being rehearsed to you, then be
away from the filth of the idols and avoid the word that is false.
31. Being one for Allah, associate none with Him. And whoso associates any thing with Allah, it is as he fell down
from the sky and the birds have snatched him away or the wind blows him away to a distant place.
32. The thing is this and whoso respects the signs of Allah, and then it is from the pity of hearts.
33. For you there is benefits in quadrupeds for an appointed term, then they are to reach to the Free House.
34. And for every nation, We appointed a sacrifice that they might mention the name of Allah over the mute
quadrupeds that He has provided to them. But your God is one God, then submit to Him only and O beloved!
Give glad tidings to the humble.
35. That when Allah is mentioned their hearts are filled with fear and bear whatever befalls them and they, observe
prayer and spend out of what We have provided.
36. And We made the sacrificial bulky animals camel and cow among the symbols of Allah for you. In them, there
is Good for you. So mention the name of Allah over them while standing in line with three legs and tied up with
one leg, then hen their sides fall down, eat thereof yourself and feed the contented and the beggars, thus We
have subjected them to you, so that you may be thankful.
37. Neither their flesh reaches to Allah nor their blood, but your piety reaches Him. Thus We subjected them to you
that you may glorify Allah for that He has guided you. And O beloved! Give glad tidings to the righteous.
38. Undoubtedly, Allah removes the calamities of Muslims. Verily, Allah loves not anyone who is treacherous and
39. Permission is given to them with whom the infidels fight because they were oppressed. And no doubt, Allah is
necessarily powerful to help them.
40. Those who were driven out from their homes without right only on this pretext that they said, 'Our Lord is
Allah. And if Allah had not removed men one by means of other, then necessarily, the cloisters and churches
and synagogues and mosques wherein the name of Allah is mentioned much would have been pulled down.
And undoubtedly, Allah will necessarily help him who will help His religion; verily Allah is necessarily, Powerful,
41. Those, if We give them control in the land they, would establish prayer and pay the Zakat (poor-due) and
command good and forbid evil. And for Allah is the end of all affairs.
42. And if they belie you, then no doubt, before them the people of Nuh and Aad and Thamud have already belied.
43. And the people of Ibrahim and the people of Lut.
44. And the dwellers of Madian and Musa too was belied, then I, let loose the infidels, then I seized them, so how
was My torment.
45. And how many towns We destroyed that they were unjust, so now they are fallen down on their roofs, and
how many wells are lying neglected and how many places are deserted.
46. Have they not traveled in the land that they should have hearts with which to understand, or ears with which
to hear? Certainly, it is not the eyes that are blind, but blind the hearts, which are in the breasts.
47. And they ask you to and Allah shall never fail in His promise, and undoubtedly, there is with your Lord such a
day like a thousand years in your reckoning.
48. And how many towns that We let them loose that they were unjust then I seized them and to Me is the return.
49. Say you, 'O Mankind; I am but a clear warner to you'.
50. Then those who believed and did good works for them, is forgiveness and an honorable provision.
51. And those who strive in Our signs with the intention of victory and defeat, they are inmates of Hell.
52. And We sent as many a Messenger or a Prophet, on all this incident has occurred sometime, that when they
recited then the devil added something from his own side in their recital towards the people. But Allah removes
what the devil casts forth, then Allah firmly establishes His signs. And Allah is Knowing, Wise.
53. That He may make what the devil casts forth a trial for those in whose hearts is a disease and whose hearts
are hardened. And undoubtedly, the oppressors are quarrelsome to the end.
54. And so that those who have been given knowledge may know that it is the truth from your Lord, so they
believe in it, then their hearts may submit to it, And undoubtedly, Allah guides the believers to the straight
55. And the infidels will remain in doubt about it, until the Hour comes on them suddenly, or there comes to them
the torment of a day the fruit of which may not be good for them.
56. The Kingdom on that day is of Allah's only. He will judge between them. Then those who believed and did good
deeds, they are in the Gardens of comfort.
57. And those who disbelieved, and belied Our signs, for them is the torment of humiliation.
58. And those who left their homes, in the way of Allah, and were then slain or died, Allah will necessarily provide
them with a goodly provision. And undoubtedly, the provision of Allah is the best.
59. Most certainly, He will carry them to such place, which they will like. And undoubtedly, Allah is Knowing,
60. The thing is this, and whoso takes revenge the like of which he was tortured, and again he is transgressed
against then surely, Allah will help him. Undoubtedly, Allah is Pardoning, Forgiving.
61. And that is because, Allah causes the night to enter into the day, and causes the day to enter into the night
and that Allah is Hearing, Seeing.
62. And that is because Allah is the only Truth, and whomsoever they worship beside Him, it is the false, and
because Allah is the High, the Great.
63. Have you not seen that Allah sent down water from the sky, then in the morning the earth became green?
Undoubtedly, Allah is Holy, Aware.
64. To Him belong all that is in heavens and all that is in the earth. And undoubtedly, Allah is the self-sufficient the
65. Have you not seen that Allah has subjected to you whatever is in the earth, and that the boat runs in the river
by His command? And He has withheld the sky that it may not fan on the earth but by His command.
Undoubtedly, Allah is most Loving, most Affectionate towards human being.
66. And it is He Who gave life to you, then He will cause to die, again He will give life to you. Undoubtedly the
human being is most ungrateful.`
67. To every nation We made principles of worship that they should observe, so they necessarily let not dispute
with you in this matter and call them towards your Lord. Undoubtedly, you are on the straight path.
68. And if they dispute with you, then say, 'Allah knows well what you do'.
69. Allah will judge between, you on the Day of judgement regarding that you are differing.
70. Did you not know that Allah knows whatever is in the heavens and is in the earth. Undoubtedly, all this is in a
Book. Verily this is easy for Allah.
71. And they worship beside Allah that for which He has not sent down any authority and that of which they have
themselves no knowledge. And for the oppressors there is no helper.
72. And when Our bright signs are recited to them, then you will see symptoms of denial in the faces of those who
have disbelieved. It is near that they may attack on those who recite Our signs to them. Say you, 'shall I inform
you of what is worse than of your this condition? That is the Fire. Allah has promised It to the infidels. And
what is an evil place of return.
73. 'O people! A similitude is related, listen to it attentively. These, whom you worship beside Allah, could not make
a fly though they should all gather for it. And if the fly snatch, away something from them then they could not
take it back from it. How weak are the desirer and that which was desired.
74. They valued not Allah, as He should be valued. Undoubtedly, Allah is Powerful, Dominant.
75. Allah chooses Messengers from amongst the angles and from amongst the men. Undoubtedly, Allah is Hearing,
76. He knows what is before them and what is behind them. And the return of every affair is towards Allah.
77. 'O believers! Bow and prostrate and worship your Lord, and do good deeds haply you may be relieved. [^]
78. And strive in the path of Allah as is due for striving. He has chosen you and has not laid upon you any
narrowness in religion, the faith of your father Ibrahim. Allah has named you Muslim in earlier Books arid in this
Book too, so that the Messenger may be your custodian and witness and that you may be witness against
mankind; so establish the prayer and pay the poordue (Zakat) and hold fast the' rope of Allah. He is your
Protector, and what an Excellent Helper.