1. A questioner asks for the torment to befall.
2. Upon the infidels, which there is none to repel.
3. It will be from Allah the Master of Ascending heights.
4. The angels and Jibrael ascend towards Him. That chastisement will fall on a day the measure of which is fifty thousand years.
5. So be you patient with a goodly patience.
6. They are thinking it to be far off.
7. And We are seeing it to be near.
8. The day when the heaven will become like molten silver.
9. And the mountains will become so light as wool.
10. And no friend will ask any friend.
11. They will be seeing them. The culprit will long that he might ransom himself from the torment of that day by his sons,
12. And his wife and his brother,
13. And his clan in which there is place for him.
14. And all those who are on the earth, then this ransom might save him.
15. Never, it is indeed a raging fire.
16. Putting off the skin.
17. It is calling him who turned his back and turned his face.
18. And hoarded wealth and withheld it.
19. Undoubtedly, man has been made impatient greedy.
20. When evil touches him, he is badly perplexed,
21. And when good reaches him, he withheld,
22. But those who pray,
23. Those who are constant in their prayer.
24. And those in whose wealth there are a known right.
25. For one who asks for and for one who could not even ask for and remains deprived.
26. And those who know the Day of judgement a reality.
27. And those who are afraid of the torment of their Lord.
28. Undoubtedly, the torment of their Lord is not a thing to become un-fearful.
29. And those who guard their private parts.
30. But from their wives and from those whom their hands possess. They are not to be blamed for them.
31. And who seeks others save those two then they are the transgressors.
32. And those who safeguard their trusts and their covenant,
33. And those who are firm on their testimonies,
34. And those who preserve their prayers.
35. They are, who shall be honoured in the Gardens.
36. But what happened to those infidels, that they see towards you with sharp eyes.
37. On the right and the left, groups after groups.
38. Does every man among those covet that he shall enter the Garden of comfort?
39. Never, undoubtedly, We have made them of that which they know.
40. I swear by the Lord of the easts and wests that We are surely, Authoritative.
41. That We may exchange better than they are, and no one can go out of Our hands.
42. So leave them in their idle talks and play until they meet that day of theirs, which they are promised with.
43. The day when they will come forth from their graves hurrying as if they were hastening towards marks,
44. With their eyes cast down, covered with disgrace. This is their that day of which they were promised.