In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful
1. 'O believers! Fulfil your promises. Lawful (Cattle) are made unto you, the animals having no speaking power. Save those which shall be narrated to you further, but do not consider the hunting being lawful when you are in pilgrim garb. Undoubtedly, Allah commands what He wills.
2. 'O believers! Do not make lawful the symbols of Allah, and nor the sacred months, and nor the sacrifices sent to the Sacred House (Haram). And nor those bearing signs in their necks, and nor the property and honour of those who repair to the sacred House, seeking the grace and pleasure of their Lord. And when you put off the pilgrim's garb, then you may hunt. And let not the enmity of any people, as they had prevented you from the Sacred Mosque insight you to commit excessiveness. And help each other in righteousness and piety, and help not one another in sin and transgression and remain fearing Allah. Undoubtedly, the torment of Allah is severe.
3. You are forbidden (to eat) the dead and blood and the flesh of swine and that on which any name has been invoked other than Allah at the time of slaughtering and that which dies by strangling and that which is beaten to death by anything unshaped and that killed by falling and that which is gored and that which has been eaten by any wild animal, but those which you have properly slaughtered and that which has been slaughtered at any altar and the division by casting lots with arrows. This is an act of sin. This day the infidels are despaired of your religion then fear them not, but fear Me. This day I have perfected your religion for you and completed
My favour upon you and have chosen Islam as religion for you. But whoso is forced by extreme hunger thirst
without inclining towards sin, then undoubtedly, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
4. They ask you O beloved Prophet! What has been made lawful to them, say you, good and pure things have
been made lawful to you and what hunting animals you have trained for hunting, teaching them of what Allah
has taught you, then eat of what they leave (catch) for you after hunting and pronounce the name of Allah
over it, and remain fearing Allah, Undoubtedly, Allah is swift in taking account.
5. This day all good and pure things are made lawful for you and the food of the people of the Book is lawful for
you, and your food is lawful for them and chaste Muslim women and chaste women from amongst those who
were given the Book before you, when you give them their dowries while bringing them in bondage (through
marriage) nor for lust and nor making lover (secretly) And whoso becomes infidel after being a Muslim, his
entire work is destroyed and he is a loser in the Hereafter.
6. 'O believers! When you wish to stand for prayer, then wash your faces and your hands up to the elbows and
pass your wet hands over your heads and wash your feet up to the ankles. And if you ever in need of a bath
then purify yourselves well. And if you are ill or you are on a journey, or any of you comes from the privy or
you have an intercourse with women and in these conditions you do not get water, then be take yourselves to
clean earth and wipe therewith your faces and your hands. Allah desires not that He should place you in any
difficulty, yes, He desires to purify you well and to complete His favour upon you so that you may be grateful
7. And remember Allah's favour upon you and the convenant which He made with you, when you said, "we heard
and obeyed," and fear Allah. Undoubtedly, Allah knows the thoughts in your hearts
8. 'O believers! Stand-up firmly by the Commandments of Allah, bearing witness with justice and let not the
enmity of any people incite you that you should not do justice. Do justice that is nearer to piety and fear Allah,
undoubtedly, Allah is aware of your doings.
9. Allah has promised to the believers and those who do good deeds that for them are forgiveness and a great
10. And those who committed infidelity and belied Our signs, they are the people of Hell.
11. 'O believers! Remember the favour of Allah upon you when a people intended to stretch out their hands
against you, then He withheld their hands from you and fear Allah And on Allah only should the Muslims rely.
12. And undoubtedly! Allah took convenant from children of Israel. And We raised among them twelve chieftains.
And Allah said, 'undoubtedly, I am with you, necessarily if you establish prayer, and pay the poor-due (Zakat)
and believe in My Messengers and pay them respect and lend to Allah a goodly loan, undoubtedly, I shall
remove your sins and surely shall cause you to enter into the Gardens beneath which flow rivers then after that
whoso of you commit infidelity, necessarily, he is strayed away from the right path.
13. Then because of breaking their convenant, how We cursed them and made their hearts hard. They change the
words of Allah from their places and have forgotten a good portion of those admonitions, which were given to
them, and you shall always continue to be told of one or the other of their treachery, save a few of them, so
pardon them, and overlook them. Undoubtedly, Allah loves the benefactors.
14. And those who claimed that we are Christians, We took convenant from them, they too have forgotten a good
portion of those admonitions which were given to them, so We have caused enmity and hatred among
themselves till the Day of Judgement. And soon Allah will tell them, what they used to do.
15. 'O people of the Book! Undoubtedly, Our Messenger has come to you who makes clear to you much of that
which you had hidden in the Book and pardons much. Undoubtedly, there has come to you from Allah a light
and a Book, luminous.
16. Allah guides therewith him who followed His pleasure into the ways of peace and carries them to light from the
darkness by His Command and shows them right path.
17. Undoubtedly, they have become infidels, who said, 'Messiah son of Marium, is the very Allah himself. Say you.
'Who then can do anything against Allah if He desires to destroy Messiah son of Marium and his mother and
everyone on earth And to Allah belongs the Kingdom of heavens and earth and all that is between them. He
creates what He pleases. And Allah can do every thing.
18. And the Jews and Christians said We are sons of Allah and His dear ones'. Say you; 'why then does He torment
you for your sins'? But you are human beings of His creations. He forgives whom He pleases. And to Allah
belongs the Kingdom of heavens and earth and all that is between them. And towards Him is the return.
19. 'O people of the Book! Undoubtedly, there has come to you Our this Messenger who makes clear to you Our
Commands, after a break of the coming of messenger for a long time lest you say' 'there came not to us any
bearer of glad tidings or Warner, then now there has come to you a bearer of glad tidings and Warner. And
Allah is Potent over everything.
20. And when Moses said to his people, ''O my people! Remember the favour of Allah upon you that He made
amongst you Messengers and made you Kings, and gave you that which He gave not this day to anyone in the
21. 'O my people! Enter this Holy Land which Allah has written for you and turn not back, for you will turn in loss.
22. They said, 'O Moses! Therein there are most powerful people, and we shall never enter it until they go forth
from it, yes, if they go forth from there, then we shall go there.
23. Two men of those who feared Allah whom Allah had favoured said, 'enter the gate forcibly against them, if you
enter the gate then there is only yours, victory, and put your trust in Allah only, if you believe.
24. They said, 'O Moses! We shall never go there until they are there, then go forth you and your Lord and you
both fight, we are sitting here'.
25. Moses submitted, 'O my Lord! I have no control over any but myself and my bother then You keep us separate
from these disobedients
26. Allah said, 'then that land is forbidden to them for forty years, let them wander in the land, therefore grieve not
over these disobedients.
27. And narrate you to them the true news of the two sons of Adam, when they each offered an offering then it
was accepted from one and was not accepted from the other. Ho said, I swear that I shall kill you'. The other
said, 'Allah accepts only from God fearing'.
28. Undoubtedly, if you shall stretch your hand against me to kill me, then I shall not stretch my hand against you
to kill you, I fear Allah, the Lord of all the Worlds.
29. I wish that my sin as well as your sin both should go to your side, so that you may be the man of Hell and this
is the punishment of unjust.
30. Then his soul induced him to kill his brother, so he killed him and remained in losers.
31. Then Allah sent a raven, scratching in the earth, so that he might show him, how he should hide the corpse of
his brother. He said, 'Oh woe is me! I could not be able even like this raven so that I may hide the corpse of
my brother, then he remained repenting.
32. On account of this. We wrote for the children of Israel that whosoever killed a soul not to retaliate for a soul,
nor for creating disorder in the land, then it is as if he had killed all mankinds. And whoso gave life to one soul,
then it is as if he had given life to all mankinds. And undoubtedly, Our Messengers came to them with clear
proofs then undoubtedly, many of them after that commit excess in the land.
33. The only recompense of those who fight against Allah and His Messenger and wander about in the land making
mischief is this that they all should he slain or he crucified or their hands of one side and the feet of the other
side be cut off or be sent far away from the land This is their disgrace in the world and in the Hereafter for
them there is great torment.
34. But those who repented before you have control over them then know that Allah is Forgiving. Merciful.
35. 'O believers! Fear Allah and seek the means of approach to Him and strive in His way haply you may get
36. Undoubtedly, those who became infidels possessed all that is in the earth and as much over again to ransom
themselves thereby from the torment of the Day of Judge meet, it shall not be accepted from them and for
them is the painful torment.
37. They will wish to come out of the Hell but they will not be able to come out of it, and for them is the lasting
38. And whoso the man or the woman is a thief, then cut off their hands, the recompense for what they have
done, a punishment from Allah And Allah is Dominant, Wise.
39. Then whoso repents after his injustice and amends then Allah will turn to him with His Mercy, Undoubtedly,
Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
40. Do you not know that to Allah belongs the Kingdom of heavens and earth? He punishes whom He pleases. And
Allah can do everything.
41. 'O Messenger! Let not those grieve you who run towards infidelity, some of those who say with their mouths,
we have accepted faith. And their hearts are not Muslims, and some of the Jews who listen falsehood very well
and listen very well to other people who have not come to you. They change the words of Allah from their
places, and say, If you get this command, then accept it, and if you get not this, then be on your guard.' And
to whom Allah pleases to misguide. Then you shall never be able to avail him anything against Allah. 'These are
they whose hearts Allah intended not to purify To them there is disgrace in the world, and to them there is
great torment in the Hereafter.
42. They are habitual listeners of lies, great devourers of the things forbidden. So if they come to you, then judge
between them or turn your face from them, and if you will turn your face from them, they shall not harm you
at all. And if you judge between them then judge with justice. Undoubtedly, Allah likes the just.
43. And how they will wish judgement from you while they have Taurah with them wherein is Allah's judgement
then thereafter they turn away their faces from it. And they are not to believe.
44. Undoubtedly, We have sent down Taurah, wherein is the guidance and light. According to it the Jews were
ordered by Our obedient prophets and men of reaming and, jurists for it was desired from them to preserve
the Book of Allah and they were witnesses to it, then fear not people, but fear Me and do not accept mean
price for Our Signs. And whoso judges not according to what Allah has sent down, they are the persons who
45. And We made obligatory on them in Taurah, a life for a life, and an eye for an eye, and a nose for a nose and
an ear for an ear and a tooth for a tooth, and in injuries there is equitable retaliation. Then whoso
recompenses with happy heart then that shall be expiation for his sin. And whoso judges not according to what
Allah has sent down, then they are the persons unjust.
46. And We brought Isa son of Marium following those prophets on their footsteps, confirming Taurah that had
come before him, and We gave him Injeel wherein is guidance and light and confirms Taurah that had come
before it, and guidance and admonition to the duty-bound.
47. And let the people of Injeel judge by what Allah has revealed in it, and whoso judges not by what Allah has
sent down, then it is they who are the transgressors.
48. And O beloved Prophet! We have sent down to you the true Book confirming the Books preceding it and as a
protector and witness over them. So judge you between them according to what Allah has sent down and O
listener! Do not follow their desires leaving the truth that has come to you, We ordained a law and way for all
of you, and if Allah had willed, He would have made you all a single people, but He desires to test you in what
He has given you. So desire to excel in good deeds. You are all to return towards Allah, and then He shall tell
you regarding what you used to dispute.
49. And that O Muslim! Judge according to what Allah has sent down and follow not their desires and be on guard
against them lest they cause to slip you from any command that has come to you Then if they turn their faces
then know that Allah wishes to give them punishment for some of their sins. And no doubt, many men are
50. Do they seek the judgement of the days of ignorance? And who is better in judgement than Allah for a people
of firm faith?
51. 'O believer! Do not take the Jews and Christians as friends, they are friends of each other among themselves,
and whoso of you makes them his friends, then he is one of them. Undoubtedly Allah guides not the people
52. Now, you will see those in whose hearts is a disease run towards the Jews and Christians saying, 'We fear lest
a misfortune befall us'. Then it' is near that Allah may bring a, victory, or any Commandment from Himself,
then they will remain regretting on what they had concealed in their hearts.
53. And the believers say. 'Are they the same who swore by Allah in their Oaths with full strength that they were
with you'? Their works were all destroyed. Then they were left in loss.
54. 'O believers! Whoso of you will turn back from his religion, then soon Allah shall bring such people that they
will be dear to Allah and Allah will be dear to them, humble towards the Muslims, and stern towards the
infidels. They will fight in the way of Allah and will not fear the reproach of any reproacher This is the bounty of
Allah, He gives it whom He pleases. And Allah is All-embracing, All Knowing.
55. Only Allah is your friend and His Messenger and the believers that they establish the prayer and pay the poordue and are bowed down before Allah.
56. And whoso takes Allah and His Messenger and Muslims as his fiends, then undoubtedly, the party of Allah only
57. 'O believers! Do not take any of them as your friend who has made your religion a mockery and a play-thing
those who were given the Book before you and the infidels, and remain fearing Allah if you believe.
58. And when you call for prayer, they make it a mockery and a play-thing. That is because they are wholly unwise
59. Say you 'O people of the Book! What seemed you bad of us, only this that we believe in Allah and what has
been sent down to us and what was sent down before, and that most of you are dis-obedients.
60. Say you, 'shall I tell you about those who are in a worse condition with Allah than this? Those whom Allah has
cursed and on them has caused anger and of whom He has made apes and swine and worshippers of devil
(Satan). Their destination is worse and they are astrayed farther from the right path.
61. And when they come to you, they say, 'We are Muslims,' while they were infidel; when they came and infidels
too when they departed. And Allah knows well what they are concealing.
62. And you will see many of them run towards sin and transgression and eating what is forbidden. Undoubtedly
they are practising evil things
63. Why their clergymen and priests do not forbid then from uttering sinful words and eating of things forbidden''
Undoubtedly. They are performing evil things.
64. The Jews have said, the hand of Allah is tied up, their own hands he tied up and there be curse of Allah on
them for their uttering, but His hands are wide open. He gives how He pleases, And O beloved Prophet! What
has been sent down to you from your Lord will increase many of them in wickedness and infidelity. And We
have cast among them enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgement. Whenever they kindle the fire of war,
Allah extinguishes it and run about in the land for mischief. And Allah loves not the mischief mongers.
65. And had the people of the Book believed and been duty-bound. Then indeed We would have removed their
sins and We would surely have caused them to enter gardens of Bliss.
66. And had they maintained Taurah and Injeel and what has been sent down to them from their Lord, then they
would have received subsistence from above and from beneath their feet. A party among them is moderate
and most of them are doing most evil things.
67. 'O Messenger! Communicate that which has been sent down to you from your Lord. And if it is not so, then you
have not conveyed His any message. And Allah will guard you from the people. Undoubtedly, Allah gives not
way to the infidels.
68. Say you, 'O people of the Book! You are nothing until you establish Taurah and Injeel and what has been sent
down to you from your Lord. And undoubtedly, O beloved Prophet! What has been sent down to you from your
Lord, will increase many of them in wickedness and infidelity, then grieve not for the infidels.
69. Undoubtedly, those who call themselves Muslims and in the same way the Jews and worshipers of stars
(Sabaeans) and Christians, whoso of them believes with true heart in Allah and the Last Day and works good,
then on them neither there is any fear nor any grief.
70. Undoubtedly, We took a covenant from the children of Israel, and We sent Messengers to them. Whenever any
Messenger came with those things which their soul did not desire, they belied a party (of them) and another
71. And they imagine, that there shall be no punishment, (for them) then they became blind and deaf, then again
Allah accepted their repentance, yet again most of them became blind and deaf. And Allah is seeing their
72. Undoubtedly, those are infidels, who say, "Masih son of Maryam is the very Allah'. And whereas Masih had said
'O children of lsrail worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord Undoubtedly, whoso. Associates anyone with Allah,
then Allah has forbidden paradise to him and his abode is Hell. And there is no helper of unjust.
73. Undoubtedly, those are infidels who say, 'Allah is third of the three Gods, and there is no God but the one God.
And if they desist not from what they say, then a painful torment shall surely befall to those who will die as
74. Then why they do not turn towards Allah and ask His Forgiveness? And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
75. The Messiah son of Mary was not but a Messenger, many Messengers passed away before him. And his mother
is a truthful woman. Both used to take food. See how clear signs We explain for them, then see how they are
76. Say you, 'Do you worship beside Allah, that which is neither master of your loss nor of profit. And Allah is the
Hearing, the knowing.
77. 'O people of the Book! Exceed not the limits in your religion unjustly, and follow not the desires of a people
who have already gone astray and caused many to go astray and have strayed away from the right path.
78. Cursed were those who committed infidelity from amongst the children of Israel by the tongue of Daud and Isa
son of Maryam. This reward because of their dis-obedience and transgression.
79. Whatever bad they did they did not prohibit one other among themselves. Necessarily, they used to do evil
80. You will see many of them befriend infidels. What an evil thing they have sent forth for themselves that Allah's
Wrath fell upon them and they shall dwell in torment forever.
81. And if they had believed in Allah and this prophet and what has been sent down to him, then they would not
have taken the infidels as friends but, many of them are disobedients.
82. You shall surely find the Jews and polytheist the bitterest enemies of Muslims, and surely you shall find the
nearest in friendship to Muslims, those who used to say, "we are Christians." That is because among them are
men of learning and monks and they are not proud.
83. And when they hear what has been sent down towards the Messenger, then see, their eyes are overflowing
tears because they have recognised the truth they say, 'O our Lord we have accepted faith, then write us down
among the witnesses of truth.
84. And what happened to us that we should not have faith in Allah and the truth that has come to us and we long
that our Lord would cause us to enter with the righteous people.
85. Therefore, Allah on account of what they say gave them gardens beneath which rivers flow, they will abide
therein. This is the recompense of the righteous.
86. And those who committed infidelity and belied Our signs are the people of Hell.
87. 'O believers! Make not unlawful the pure things, which Allah has made lawful for you and cross not the limit.
Undoubtedly, Allah likes not those who cross the limit.
88. And eat what Allah has provided you lawful and pure. And fear Allah in Whom you believe.
89. Allah holds not you responsible for oaths taken by misunderstanding, but He holds you responsible for oaths
which you made binding then the expiation of such oaths is the feeding of ten needy people with average food
with which you feed your family members, or clothing them or the freeing of a slave then whoso finds not
anything of these, then for him is the fasting of three days. This is the expiation of your oaths when you have
sworn. And guard your oaths. Similarly Allah explains His signs to you so that you may be grateful.
90. 'O believers! Wine and gambling and idols and divining arrows are only unclean things, a work of devil (Satan)
then save yourselves from them, so that you may prosper.
91. The devil (Satan) desires only to put hatred and enmity among you in regard to wine and gambling and to bar
you from the remembrance of Allah and from prayer, will you then desist?
92. And obey Allah and obey the Messenger and be careful then if you turn back, know then that the responsibility
over Our Messenger is only to deliver the message clearly.
93. On those who believed and did righteous work there is no sin for what they have eaten when they fear and
keep faith and do righteous work, again fear and keep faith, then again fear and remain righteous And Allah
loves the, righteous.
94. 'O believers! Allah shall surely test you with some such game which your hands and lances may reach in order
that Allah may make known those who fear Him without seeing, then after this who so crosses the limit, for
him is a painful punishment.
95. 'O believers! Kill not game while you are in a pilgrim garb. And who so amongst you kills it intentionally, then;
his compensation is that he should give a like animal from amongst the cattle as judged by two just persons
among you, this offering reaching to the Kaaba, or as an expiation, feeding of some needy persons or its
equivalent in, fasting, so that he may taste the enormity of his deed. Allah has pardoned what happened in the
past. And who so will do now Allah will take retribution from him. And Allah is Dominant Lord of Retribution.
96. Lawful is to you the game of the sea and its eating for the benefit of you and the travellers and forbidden to
you is the game of the land, so long you are in pilgrim garb. And fear Allah towards Whom you are to rise.
97. Allah made Kaaba the sacred House as an establishment for the people, and so the sacred month and the
offerings of the sacred House and the animals with the marks hanging in the neck. That is so that you may
believe that Allah knows what is in the heavens and what is in the earth and that Allah knows everything.
98. Know that the torment of Allah is severe and Allah is Forgiving. Merciful.
99. Nothing is on the Messenger but communicating the Message. And Allah knows what you disclose and what
100. Say you, 'the dirty and clean are not equal, even though the abundance of the dirty may please you, then
remain fearing Allah,O men of understanding! So that you may get prosperity.
101. 'O believers! ask not such things which if disclosed to you, may displease you; and if you will ask while the
Quran is descending then they would be disclosed to you. Allah has already pardoned them. And Allah is
102. A people before you asked them, then became rejecters therein.
103. Allah has not appointed any 'Bahira' and nor 'Saiba' and nor 'Wasila' and nor 'Hami' (names of sacred animals
she camels and she goats of the time of Pagans) but yes, the infidels fabricate the lie against Allah. And most
of them are perfectly unwise.
104. And when it is said to them, 'come to what Allah has sent down and to the Messenger', they say,' enough for
us is that wherein we found, our fathers, what! Even though their fathers knew nothing nor were guided.
105. 'O believers! Take care of yourselves. He, who has gone astray, will not harm you when you are on the right
way. Towards Allah is the return of you all, then He will tell you what you were doing.
106. 'O believers! The evidence among yourselves when death approaches any of you at the time of making a will is
of two jut persons from among you or two of the others, when you be on journey in the land, and the calamity
of death befall you, Detain them both after prayer, they should swear by Allah if you are in any doubt, that we
shall not purchase any wealth in exchange of the oath, even though he may be a near relation, and will not
hide the testimony of Allah if we do so, we are surely among the sinners.
107. Then if it is known that they became guilty of any sin, then two others should stand in their place from
amongst those nearer to the deceased whose right has been injured by this sin (by this false evidence), then
they should swear by Allah that our evidence is more upright than the evidence of those two, and we crossed
not the limit, if it be so then we should be of the unjust.
108. It is nearer that they may give the evidence as it should be or fear that some oaths may be rebutted after their
oaths. And fear Allah and listen to His commands. And Allah gives not the way to the dis-obedients.
109. The day when Allah will gather the Messengers, then will say, 'what answer was made to you,' they will submit,
'We have no knowledge, it is You only the Knower of all things unseen.
110. When Allah will say, 'O Issa son of Maryam, remember My favour upon you and your mother, when I aided you
with holy spirit, then you spoke to people in the cradle and in the grown up age, and when I taught you the
Book and wisdom and Taurah and Injeel, and when you make of clay a figure like a bird by My command then
you breathe into it, then it begins to fly by My command, and you cure the born blind and the leper by My
command, and you bring forth alive the dead by My command, and when I restrained the children of Israel
from you when you came to them taking clear signs, then the infidels of them spoke, 'this is nothing but an
111. And when I inspired the disciples to believe in Me and in My Messenger, they said, 'We have believed, and bare
you witness that we are muslims.'
112. When the disciples said, 'O Issa son of Maryam, will your Lord do, that He should sent us down a tray of food
from the heaven? He said, 'fear Allah if you have faith.
113. They said, 'we wish that we may eat of it and our hearts may be satisfied and we may see with our own eyes
that you spoke truth to as, and we may be witnesses thereof.'
114. Issa son of Maryam submitted, 'O Allah our Lord, 'sends down to us a tray of food from the heaven so that it
may be an occasion of rejoicing for us, for the first and the last of us and a sign from You, and provide for us
and you are the best of Providers.
115. Allah said, 'I send it down to you, now therefore whoso of you will commit infidelity, then undoubtedly. I shall
torment him with a torment wherewith I shall not punish to anyone in the entire Universe.
116. And when Allah will say, 'O Issa son of Maryam! Did you tell to people, 'make me and my mother two gods
besides Allah'? He will submit 'bellowed be You, it is not justified for me that I should tell the thing to which I
have no reach. 'If I had said that You would surely have known it You know what is in my heart and I do not
know what is in Your knowledge. Undoubtedly, it is You only, Knower of, all hidden things.
117. I said not to them but that which You had commanded me that worship Allah my Lord and your Lord, and I
knew of them as long as I remained in them, then when You took me up, then You were the Watcher over
them, and every thing is, present before You.
118. If You punish them, they are Your bondmen, and if You forgive them, then undoubtedly, You are only the
Dominant, the Wise.
119. Allah said, 'this is the day in which their truthfulness will benefit the truthful, for them, are Gardens beneath
which rivers flow, they shall abide therein for ever. Allah is pleased with them and they are pleased with Allah.
This is the great success.
120. For Allah is the kingdom of the heavens and earth and whatever is in them. And. He is Potent over everything.