Friday, May 26, 2017
54 Surah Al-Qamar
In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful
1. The Hour came near and the moon was split.
2. And if they see any sign, they turn their faces and say this is magic perpetual.
3. And they belied and followed their desires, and every affair has already been resolved.
4. And undoubtedly, there has come to them those tidings wherein there was enough to check.
5. Perfect wisdom, but warners profit them not.
6. So, turn you away from them. The day when the caller will call towards a harsh unrecognized thing.
7. Casting down their eyes, they will come out of the Graves as they are locusts scattered.
8. Hastening towards the Caller. The infidels will say, 'this day is hard'.
9. The people of Nuh belied before them, they declared Our bondman to be liar and said, 'he is a madman and scolded him'.
10. He therefore prayed to his Lord, saying 'I am vanquished, do then take revenge for me.
11. Then We opened the doors of heaven with forceful flowing water.
12. And We made the earth flow with springs, so the two waters met to such a quantity, which was already decreed.
13. And We bore Nuh on a thing of planks and nails.
14. Floating before Our eyes, a recompense for him who was rejected.
15. And We left it as a sign. Is there then any one who would pay attention?
16. Therefore, how were My torment and My warnings?
17. And verily, We have made Quran easy for remembering, is there then any one to remember?
18. Aad belied, then how was My torment and My warnings?
19. Surely, We sent against them a strong windstorm in a day whose ill-fortune remained lasting over them.
20. It used to beat down the men as though they are the roots of uprooted palm trees.
21. Then how were My torment and My warning?
22. And undoubtedly, We made the Quran easy for remembering is there then any one to remember,
23. Thamud belied the Messengers.
24. And they said, 'shall we follow a man from among our selves? Then we in deed are misled and mad.
25. Has the Reminder been sent down upon him from all among us? Nay, rather he is great liar, self-boaster.
26. Very soon, tomorrow they will know who was a big liar, self-boaster?
27. We are to send the she Camel for their trial, therefore O Saleh! Watch them and have patience.
28. And inform them that the water has been divided between them in shares. He who has his turn should be presented at the share.
29. Then they called their companion and he after taking the sword hamstrung her.
30. Then how were My torment and My warnings?
31. We sent against them a single uproar, hence they became like the left over grass of enclosure builders, dry, trampled.
32. And verily, We made the Quran easy for remembering, is there then any one to remember?
33. The people of Lut belied the Messengers.
34. Verily, We sent over them a storm of stones except the family of Lut. We rescued them by early dawn.
35. As a favour from Us. Thus do We recompense him who is grateful.
36. And surely, he had warned them of Our grasp, but they doubted in the Commandments of warning.
37. They intended to solicit him from his guests, so We obliterated their every saying, 'taste My torment and My warning.
38. And undoubtedly, there came upon them early in the morning a lasting torment.
39. Taste then My torment and My warning.
40. And undoubtedly, We made Quran easy for remembering. Is there then any one to remember?
41. And verily the Messengers came to the people of Firawn (Pharoah).
42. They belied all Our signs Then We seized them with a grave befitting to the dignity of the Honourable and the All Authoritative.
43. Are your infidels better than those? Or have you an exemption in the Scriptures'
44. Or is it that they say, 'We shall take revenge all-together'.
45. Now this multitude is being driven out and they will turn their backs.
46. Nay, rather the Hour is their promise and the Hour is the hardest and bitterest.
47. Surely, the culprits are misled and mad.
48. The day when they shall be dragged into the fire on their faces and it will be said to them, 'taste the flame of the Hell.
49. Undoubtedly, We created every thing according to an estimate.
50. And Our work is only a matter as the twinkling of an eye.
51. And undoubtedly, We have destroyed your likes, is there anyone to look into?
52. And whatever they have done is in the Books.
53. And everything, small or big has been written down.
54. Undoubtedly, the pious are in gardens and stream.
55. In the sitting of truth before the sovereign Most Authoritative.